Everything you need to make that big decision easier
Buying a home is an exciting time. Whether this is your first home or your tenth, a retirement home or an investment property, you will find home buyer’s information and resources you need right here.
Purchasing a home is a big step and one of the largest financial investments a person will make. But one that is highly recommended. Homeownership is one of the single biggest ways Americans build wealth and prepare for a stable retirement.
Together, we will make sure you are informed and armed with current market information and resources to aide in your home buying decisions and as your Realtor I’m here to help every step of the way. Let’s get started!
first steps first
First Step – The first thing we should do is connect. Let’s get to know each other and discuss the buying process in Northern Colorado. As your local Realtor, I strive to make your dreams come true.
Contact me to get started.
Send a Message
8 Simple Steps
Purchasing a home is a big step and one of the largest financial investments a person will make. But one that is highly recommended.
Understanding the steps of the home buying process empowers you to make smart decisions about your home purchase.
Use this step-by-step guide to buy a house the smart way.
Benefits of Home Ownership
1. Tax benefits. The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, and some of the costs involved in buying a home.
2. Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
3. Appreciation. Historically, real estate has long-term, stable growth in value. In fact, median single-family existing-home sale prices have increased on average 5.2 percent each year since 1972, according to the National Association of REALTORS®. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 10 to 15 percent over the next decade, creating continued high demand for housing.
4. Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-rate mortgage payments don’t rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will likely increase.
5. Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and choose the types of upgrades and new amenities that appeal to your lifestyle.
6. Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
searching for a home
During our meeting we will set up a custom property search linking you directly with the MLS. This will allow you to have the most accurate, up-to-date property availability on the market today. This will give you a significant advantage in your home buying process. Other websites are generally out of date and do not show you all real estate properties available in real time. This results in a lot of wasted time searching properties that are no longer available. By setting you up with your unique search tailored to your specific dream home qualities, you stand the best chance in spotting that perfect home for you.
real estate lending
Before you can start shopping for your dream home, you will need to take some time to consider your lending choices. I recommend working with a honest, local lender. Your lender will help you get pre-approved for a real estate loan. Pre-approval means you have gone through the initial under writing with a lender. Contact me if you would like a list of reliable, local lenders to interview.
myth vs fact
Many people make the mistake of not having a Realtor represent them during the buying process of a new construction home. The myth is that this will save money on the purchase of the new home. This is false. First thing to understand, is when you walk into a model home the representative is there for the builder. Not for you. It is important to have someone representing your financial interest and to represent you.
Builders will not reduce the price of a home because you are unrepresented. The commissions are built into the price of the home and you will pay the home price whether a Realtor represents you or not. When you are not represented, this benefits the builder. As your Realtor, I work tirelessly to insure you are getting the best price for your home. The builder wants to sell their properties at the highest dollar possible as this affects their price point moving forward.
Bottom line, you do not get a discount, the Realtor fees are included in your new construction home price with or without a Realtor keeping your best interests protected.
know the facts
realtor vs real estate agent
Realtor vs Real Estate Agent yes, there is a difference. I am a Realtor, that means I am a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Realtors are held to a higher standard of ethics and professionalism. This is an important distinction when deciding on who you want to represent you in one of the biggest financial investments of your lifetime. A good Realtor, like myself, will help you navigate the buying process with minimal stress due to the high standards and knowledge base being a member of NAR brings to the table for your benefit.
Download your FREE guide to making your real estate dreams come true.